Vontobel AM targets Taiwan retail base

Added 25th May 2016

Vontobel Asset Management has launched 11 funds in Taiwan using Eastspring Investments as the master agent.

Vontobel AM targets Taiwan retail base

The products cover absolute return, emerging markets equities, emerging markets debt, global and US equities, corporate bonds and thematic equity, which complement Eastspring’s fund range, a spokeswoman said.

The cooperation between Vontobel and Eastspring started on May 12. 

Vontobel, a Swiss asset manager, has had a presence in Taiwan since 2009. Its master agent had previously been Ez Funds. It has about $100bn of client assets globally as of the end of 2015, and about $2bn of assets in Taiwan, according to Taiwanese media reports.

Eastspring is the Asian asset management business of Prudential.

The mutual fund business in Taiwan reached assets of NT$5.39trn ($160bn) as of April this year, with 42% of that in domestic funds. The remaining 58% is in offshore funds sold by master agents, according to data from Taiwan’s Securities Invesment Trust & Consulting Association.

Visitor's Comments Add your comment

Add Your Comment

We won't publish your address


FSA Investment Forums: Singapore & Hong Kong 2016

Singapore, Tuesday 25th October

Hong Kong, Thursday 27th October

FSA Investment Forum: Manila 2016

Wednesday 23rd November